Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a run can reveal?

Running in the woods is adventurous in itself in daylight. But what happens when you combine a sense of adventure with a thrill? The act of running through the woods is one of few moments where you can get a good work out in, feel a sense of adventure and in this particular case a sense of thrill.

I had just gotten back from my vacation and legs were a little stiff, jet lagged type of feel. So being the urgent person that I am I decided that I would go for a run. Why not? There are street lights everywhere and I know all of the trails like the back of my hand.

I start running periodically checking my watch with as I hold on to the tiny little light button. Finally I reach the trail, you can see the dark outline of the pond that was next to me. I make my turn to get on the trail.  I can feel my heart beat faster as take each step through the curvy trail. The slightest move of any plant or perhaps an animal in the distant woods increases my nervousness. But I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's only a matter of time before I obtain it. Finally I reach through the opening as I see the light bluish color in the sky. I think to myself what I have obtained through this and that is conquering the unknown. Funny how a simple act of working out has the ability to conquer just about anything.

Keep on Running!

Thanks For Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why You Should Leave a Comment

1.We read all of our comments

2.We reply, and answer every question

3.We often click through to see commenter’s sites

4.We might invite you to guest post!