Monday, September 19, 2011

Stopping

Just as recently as this weekend I was just getting over what one might call a pretty bad cold. But like any runner who, enjoys the sport or activity just as much as I do I valiantly got my running gear back on laced up my shoes and got out the door. I took the usual route as I always do on campus: down the road and out to the trails here on campus. I started running (going at a already way to fast pace) as I usually have a tendency to do. I finally reached the first hill on my journey and suddenly I felt since of a lack of energy come down on me. I stopped took my breath and persevered forward. The second large hill came about and again I was faced with this problem and again I endured forward. I then approached the last hill on the route and the same thing occurred. Only difference this time was a small mental note, just out of nowhere came into my head. To describe it best was more along the lines of "I'm a runner damn it"
As I'm sure most of you may have come to realize that the activity of running creates a certain mentality of toughness, perseverance, mind over matter, elements of that nature.

The point is really quite simple when things get a tad difficult you have to keep going. When things get more difficult you have to keep going. When life deals that final agonizing blow the answer is simple: just keep going. Running , probably more so than other sports provides a personal revitalization a sense of discovery within ourselves. It is the ability to find the beauty of our failure that allows to continue a endeavor that lead to the eventual finding of knowledge that brings forth improvement in our lives.

Thanks for Reading!

Keep Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why You Should Leave a Comment

1.We read all of our comments

2.We reply, and answer every question

3.We often click through to see commenter’s sites

4.We might invite you to guest post!